Thursday 8 February 2018

I'm planting most of my garden in Earthboxes this year

I'm a huge fan of the Earthbox. My best crops of tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, and corn have all been from these wonderful self-watering containers.

I really like gardening in self-watering containers. I have made my own, but after a number of seasons, I've found that that the Earthbox-brand, commercially produced with plastics that last in the outdoors, last a lot longer. There is also no guess work with soil vs. reservoir depth.

I've ordered 4 new Earthboxes to compliment the two I have been using for nearly 10 years. The best tips and tricks I can offer for container gardening is to just follow the directions from Earthbox. I've bought a few books, I've scoured the interweb forums for info, and honestly nothing has helped more than just doing it exactly the way Earthbox suggests.

https://youtu.be/2y2QUifx2gg

I may try some of California's newly legal recreational plant in an box as well. Who knows, everything else likes to grow in them...

EarthBox Terracotta Container Gardening System via Amazon

Image and video courtesy Earthbox.com



Share:
Powered by Blogger.